Professional designer with 15+ years experience in large scale, mid-size, and startup companies. Specializing in front-end development and traditional visual design.
Free Range Content Inc. | 2010 to Current
- Scratch-built several platform agnostic, responsive-designed WordPress themes for internal and outward-facing public sites.
- Created WordPress plugins that hook directly into company services, increasing user base and expanding service content.
- Produced an extensive array of promotional marketing materials including: banner advertising, print posters, business cards, postcards, fliers, notebooks, and pens.
SPECIAL CONSULTANT to the RANGER COUNCIL
Burning Man, LLC | 2011 to 2013
- Member of the Ranger Council, the governing body of the Black Rock Rangers (comprised of over 800 volunteer members).
- Developed strategic decisions, crafted policy, and represented the Ranger department and community to the Burning Man Organization.
- Forecast future needs of the Ranger department over a wide range of topics and ensured that policies and procedures are developed and implemented to meet these needs.
California HIV/AIDS Research Program | 2007 to 2009
- Consulted with project teams and set strategic direction in developing a corporate identity website to support the program mission.
- Implemented a state-wide HIV/AIDS information website in cooperation with the State of California Department of Public Health.
- Designed posters, postcards, and other educational print materials for various international HIV/AIDS conferences.
University of California – Human Resources and Benefits | 1997 to 2007
- Technical leadership to high visibility, state-wide University websites including: system-wide human resources and benefits, system-wide intranet and file servers, job listings, project management, and conference registration.
- Responsibility for maintaining servers dedicated for database, listserve, groupware, and web applications.
- Trained department staff in web production and content development. Assigned duties to staff on a daily basis, supervised their work product, and made recommendations where needed.
BLACK ROCK RANGER
Burning Man, LLC | 2006 to Current
- Preserving the safety, welfare, and quality of experience for a community of 70,000 people.
Fire Drums, LLC | 2008 to 2010
- Managed a staff of fifteen individuals to provide event safety in coordination with management and medical teams.
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) – Graphic Design
University of Wisconsin – School of Fine Art
American Institute of Graphic Design (AIGA)
Co-hosted panel discussion, “Web Management with Limited Resources,” at the University of California Computer Support Coordinators conference.
Selected to the prestigious Management Skills Assessment Program by top management to foster management growth in talented employees.
Git & Mercurial
Adobe Creative Suite
Microsoft Office Suite
Web & Scripting